looking for more of my photos?

... head over to my photo gallery.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pollen Doom...

So... I have some lovely big old trees in my backyard (I'm sure one of you will tell me the type when you see the pictures - my dendrology knowledge is lacking), which apparently produce pollen this time of year... I didn't know this before, because normally in winter, we get storms through the area on a regular basis, and between the wind and the rain, the pollen either gets blown away or washed away, and doesn't just hang around getting in my eyes and sinuses. However, since California's drought has decided to come back and the high pressure demons are just camped on top of us, I now know about this pollen nightmare... Touch a branch, and an explosion of yellow pollen comes billowing out... You'll see...

Here's a tendril lurking...



Threaten it with a bat, and it keeps it's cool...

but give the branch a little tap, it retaliates...









And if you throw a stick at the tree, it releases a full dose of it's pollen weapons...







Gah, my eye's are itching just proofreading my post.