looking for more of my photos?

... head over to my photo gallery.

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Osprey!

I went to a spot where I knew there was an Osprey nest today to see what I could see... The light was bad and the nest was too distant for good shooting from the roadside pullout (and with my son in his car seat I can't exactly leave the truck), but when one of the pair left, the other bird soon headed for a pine near to another loop in the road. I didn't expect it to still be in the tree by the time I packed up and drove over there, but the bird exceeded my expectations...

All shot with the Tamron SP 400mm f/4 with the Tamron Adaptall 1.4x TC. From the point where I originally set up I was able to move about ten feet closer at one point, but the significantly closer images are crops...

Click the photos to see a larger version...

1.

exif



2.

exif




3.

exif




4.

exif




My two favorites of the series...


5.

exif





6.

exif